Gallery Exhibits, RFQs/RFPs, and the Arts Market
This page is updated as new Artist Opportunities such as Calls for Artists, Calls for Entries, and Project RFQs/RFPs are published. Please check back often. You can also SUBSCRIBE for email updates regarding opportunities, announcements, and special events. We also recommend following the Arts Council on FACEBOOK or INSTAGRAM.
– Scroll Down For More Information –
Call for Artists
2019 African American Heritage Show
The Jacksonville-Onslow Council for the Arts invites our community of local African American artists to enter up to three family-friendly works of art in any medium to be shown during our annual African American Heritage Show. We are asking for original works reflecting both contemporary and historical views of African American culture from the artists’ own perspectives and/or lived experiences.
- Take In Days: Monday, January 21st – Friday, January, 25th, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Reception: Saturday, February 2nd, 12-5 p.m.
- Show: Friday, February 1st – Thursday, February 28th, during regular business hours
- Pick Up Days: Tuesday, February 26th – Thursday, February, 28th, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
*This show reception will be on a Saturday this year to allow more people to experience the show and to allow for talent that will be booked for the event.
2019 Spring Competitive Show
The Jacksonville-Onslow Council for the Arts invites artists to submit works to our 2019 Spring Competitive Show.
This year’s theme is Fables, Folklore, and Fairy Tales. All entrants will be able to submit up to 3 family-friendly pieces inspired by a fable, folklore, and/or fairy tale of their choice.
All media is welcome for this show. All works will be required to be newly created pieces which have not been shown in our Gallery in a prior show. An entry fee will be required.
A panel of 5 judges from our community will determine the winning artworks. Prizes awarded will be for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places.
1st Prize $400
2nd Prize $200
3rd Prize $100
Entry Fee: $40
- Take In Days: Wednesday, February 20th – Tuesday, February 26th
- Show: Friday, March 1st – Friday, March 29th, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Reception: Friday, March 1st, 6-8 p.m.
- Pick Up Days: Friday, March 22nd – Tuesday, March 26th
Who Am I?
As a means to express what it means to be female in modern times, this show highlights the creations and the voices of local female artists as they answer the question, Who Am I?
Local female artists can bring in up to 3 family-friendly works in any medium. There is no fee to enter.
- Take In Days: Thursday, April 25th – Tuesday, April 30th, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Show: Wednesday, May 1st – Friday, May 31st
- Reception: Friday, May 3rd, 6-8 p.m,
- Pick Up Days: Tuesday, June 4th – Friday, June 7th, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
In an effort to help emerging artists feel confident in submitting work for upcoming shows at the Council, we’ve gathered a few helpful links. Click a button below to view video content about how to prepare canvas and framed art for display.
Arts Market Sales Opportunities:
The Arts Council also consistently seeks quality visual artists for inclusion in the recently expanded Arts Market at 826 New Bridge Street in downtown Jacksonville. All mediums are welcome.
Please review the Arts Council Consignment Contract for Gallery and Arts Market Sales. Contact the Gallery Manager at 910-455-9840 or email us for information, assistance or to schedule a time to review your work.